Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- I think one of the barriers many people have to extensive foreign travel is worrying about the language barrier. On our recent trip to Europe, we were mostly in English-speaking countries, but we did have a bit of a language barrier trying to order breakfast at a Monegasque boulangerie. Rapid Travel Chai tells us to Relax! You don’t need to speak the language.
- View from the Wing gives several steps for what you should do if your frequent flyer account is audited.
- Don’t forget we’re still giving away a $50 American Airlines gift card – you can enter up to 4 times. Million Mile Secrets is also giving away a $200 Ritz-Carlton gift card, if you’re looking for more giveaways!
- I was pleased to be included in Lara Krupicka’s list of “favorite miles and points blogs” where she talked about Bucket List Travel Using Airline Miles & Reward Points
- Marriott’s 7 night travel packages have long been one of the better deals out there – allowing you to transfer Marriott points to airline miles at essentially a 1:1 ratio. The only downside has been that it required a 7 night stay at a single hotel. Now Frequent Miler has discovered that there are also “secret” 5 night travel packages out there!
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: A 10 year old getting an “aggressive patdown” from the TSA? Plus lower Uber prices and more
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them