I wrote a few days ago about a way that Amazon Prime members can get $5 credit by buying a gift card. I’ve had quite a few hits on that post over the past few days so I wanted to repost the information with the hopes that more people would be able to take advantage of it. If you’re already an Amazon Prime member and shop regularly at Amazon (and there is probably significant overlap between those 2 categories!), this is really pretty much a no-brainer. Please note that all links on this (and any post) include my Amazon affiliate link. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases (though I don’t really earn any / much commission from this deal as Amazon gift cards are not commissionable)
Get $5 Amazon Prime Day Credit For Buying An Amazon Gift Card
This deal allows you to get a $5 credit on an eGift Card purchase of $50 or more. The $5 is promotional credit branded as “Prime Day” credit, but it’s actually good through August 25th, so you have over a month or so to use it. If you shop at Amazon as much as we do, this should be an easy $5 if you’re a Prime member.
Here is the fine print and details:
- Receive a $5 promotional credit for a future Amazon.com eligible order when you purchase Amazon.com eGift Cards valued at $50 or more in a single order on Amazon.com by July 10, 2023.
- In order to qualify for the $5 promotional code, you must (1) be a current Prime member; (2) click the button on the Offer Terms & Conditions page to apply the offer to your account; and (3) purchase at least $50 in qualifying Amazon.com eGift Cards in a single order at Amazon.com beginning 12:00 a.m. (PT), July 3, 2023 and ending 11:59 p.m., July 10 2023 (PT) or when supplies have been exhausted, whichever occurs first (the “Promotion Period”).
- For qualifying purchases, a promotional credit of $5.00 will be automatically applied to the Amazon.com Prime account that was used to purchase the Amazon.com eGift Card(s) after the qualifying order has been completed or, where applicable, the order has shipped.
- The Promo Credit is valid until 25th August 2023, 11:59PM (PST).
Amazon Prime Day 2023 information
Amazon Prime Day 2023 will kickoff July 11 at 3 a.m. EDT and run through July 12th. In case you were wondering, Prime Day is in Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, the U.K., the U.S.
You can access Amazon’s Prime Day hub here. As the name suggests, you do need to have an Amazon Prime membership to take advantage of any of the Amazon Prime Day deals.
Early Prime Day deals
You can check the main Amazon Prime Day page for any deals still going on
How to Save Money at Amazon
Amazon often has promotions where you can get a percentage or dollar value off a purchase by using at least 1 credit card point (like Chase Ultimate Rewards, American Express Membership Rewards, etc). These deals are typically targeted, but it’s a good idea to regularly check if you’re eligible, because these deals come around quite a bit. Note that it is generally a bad value to use your points to shop at Amazon, but it’s definitely worth using 1 point to save $20 – $50.
- Save at Amazon using 1 Amex Membership Rewards point
- Save at Amazon using 1 Chase Ultimate Rewards point
- Save at Amazon using 1 Citi ThankYou point
- Save at Amazon using 1 Discover point
Good luck, happy shopping and we’ll see you back here next week.
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them