Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
In addition to paid travel and credit card sign-up bonuses, another great way to earn points is through shopping portals. For those of you who may not know, shopping portals give you additional points for buying products through them.
(READ MORE: Earning Miles Through Shopping Portals)
(READ MORE: How I earned over 1.6 million points in 2016)
United MileagePlus Shopping Summer Series July promotion
For one week only starting on Sunday July 15, United MileagePlus shopping portal is offering Summer Series July promotion where you can earn up to 10x miles per dollar (but some stores are showing 20x miles per dollar)! Start your back to school shopping early and earn some handsome amount of extra miles.
Below is the list of stores offering extra bonus points on Sunday July 15. It seems the list of store will change everyday throughout this week. So be sure to check the website every day.
3 ways to Maximize eBags purchases
School will start back in a month or two. My kids are requesting new backpacks. And today was the perfect day to make the purchase from eBags. eBags sells a wide range of suitcases, backpacks, handbags, travel accessories, electronics and more. I have made many purchases from them over the years and have been extremely happy, and mile rich from all my purchases.
You can make the most of your eBags purchases by stacking these three offers:
- Go through United MileagePlus portal and click on eBags to earn 20x miles per dollar;
- Use promo code “RECESS” to save 20% on most products. Some products are not eligible for the discount.
- Pay with Amex Card enrolled in the eBag Amex offer of “$15 statement credit on $75 purchases“.
Here are couple tricks to be aware of the eBag Amex offer:
- Purchase of electronic gift cards will trigger the statement credit;
- Gift card purchases can be multiple cards in smaller amounts, but must total $75 or more to trigger the statement credit.
- eBags free shipping starts at $49 after discount is applied.
- You can only apply one gift card per transaction online.
- If your purchase is more than $75, you can purchase various $75 gift cards to maximize the Amex offer. Then call eBags to apply multiple gift cards to one purchase!
My two backpacks that cost $105 was bought down by 20% discount to $84, and after $15 Amex credit, my net cost was $69 and I also earned $5 in eBags rewards to be used for future purchases. My total saving was almost 40%! At the meantime, I would earn a total of 1,680 United miles.
Will you be doing some online shopping this week through United shopping portal?