Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
If you’re not sick of the Daily Getaways, there are 3 deals this week, including one that just might be the best one that I’ve seen.
If you are sick of the Daily Getaways, well then just know that there are only 3 deals left, and then everyone will stop talking about them till next year! 🙂
Daily Getaways Week 5
Here are the deals for this week. Note that the Daily Getaways ends on April 22nd, so there are only 3 deals this week.
Monday: Fairmont hotels
Monday (that’s today as I write this post), there is a deal on Fairmont hotels.
You get 6 (or 3, depending on which deal you take) Ovation certificates which are good for
- Each certificate is valid for 1 night in a standard room (at The Fairmont Orchid) or 1 night in a standard suite type room (at The Fairmont Kea Lani). Single/double occupancy.
- Certificate includes breakfast for 2 each morning in the hotel’s all-day dining restaurant. Breakfast excludes alcoholic beverages.
- Certificate covers room and tax, as well as tax and gratuities of included breakfasts. Additional expenses and incidentals are the responsibility of the guest.
- Limited blackout dates may apply.
- There is no expiration date for this certificate.
Note that you can break them up into separate stays, so instead of one 6 night stay you could do 2 3-night stays if that worked best for you.
Personally I’d pass on this deal. I think there are way easier (and cheaper!) ways to use miles and points to stay at 5 star hotels. Of course, I have a different idea of what makes up a 5-star hotel for me…
(SEE ALSO: 3 reasons “budget” hotels DESTROY nice ones)
If you’re interested, there are only 10 of each deal available.
Tuesday: Vegas hotels
Now we’re getting somewhere. There have been a few Daily Getaways that I thought could be interesting, like some of the rental car deals, or the purchasing of Hyatt points, though I personally haven’t bought any. (I did buy some IHG points last year)
Wednesday’s deal is basically 35% off Expedia purchases, though you’re pre-paying of course.
The other thing that you get is +gold status, which is Expedia’s highest status – it gives you:
- Benefits like complimentary upgrades upon availability, exclusive amenities like free Wi-Fi at over 900 +VIP Access hotels, and priority customer care with 24/7 access to the +gold customer service number
- The full list of +gold benefits is available here.
According to Pizza in Motion, the full $1000 of the voucher has to be used on one stay for one hotel room, which makes it not quite as valuable.
There’s my verdict, but what’s yours? Going to take any of these deals, or will you be glad to see these deals finally done with?