Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I have often said that one of the best ways to get a good amount of miles and points is through judicious use of credit card signup bonuses. The return on your spend when you are meeting a signup bonus DWARFS the return you will get through everyday spend on cards. Having said that, I also often say THAT YOU SHOULD NOT SIGN UP FOR A CREDIT CARD BECAUSE SOME GUY ON THE INTERNET SAYS THAT YOU SHOULD!
I don’t write about every credit card out there but wanted to share news on a new card that just came out – the Blue Delta Skymiles card from American Express
Blue Delta SkyMiles card from American Express benefits
The Blue Delta Skymiles card from American Express comes with the following benefits
- 2 miles per dollar spent at U.S. restaurants
- 2 miles per dollar spent on eligible Delta Purchases
- 1 mile per dollar spent on all other eligible purchases
- 20% statement credit rebate on eligible inflight Delta purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Spend on this card WILL count towards the MQD waiver through 2017, but starting 2018 it will not count unless you have one of the other premium American Express Delta cards.
- Note that it does charge foreign transaction fees (boo), and also does not offer priority boarding or free checked bags like the other Delta cards.
- No annual fee
2x at restaurants and on Delta purchases are nice but not super compelling, depending on what other cards you have as there are certainly other cards which offer higher category bonuses in those categories.
American Express Blue Delta SkyMiles card signup bonus
This Blue Delta Skymiles card does come with a signup bonus of 10,000 Delta Skymiles after spending $500 in the first 3 months. You can find that offer on our list of top credit card offers (under travel)
Keep in mind that American Express currently limits people to one signup bonus per card per lifetime, so if you apply for this Blue Delta Skymiles card now, you will not be able to get a signup bonus on the card again (SEE: How I just got a 2nd Amex lifetime bonus). Any applications for this card will not affect your ability to get any other Amex Delta card (Gold, Platinum or other)
Are you planning on signing up for this new Amex Delta Blue card? Leave a note in the comments