Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news
Awhile ago I posted about the Flying Blue / Air France / KLM promo awards. Promo awards are limited-time deals through the Flying Blue network (Air France and KLM), usually for 25% or 50% off the award price.
The way these typically work is that they’re good (bookable) for a month, with travel at any point TWO AND THREE months out. So deals for this month (November) need to be booked during November, for travel in January and February. Then the December awards will be bookable starting December 1, for travel in February and March. Of course, this is subject to Flying Blue / Air France / KLM continuing this promotion, which is not guaranteed by any means (i.e. goodbye Hyatt Diamond Challenge)
They are for a limited-time and usually only a certain amount of seats per flight / day, so generally speaking the really good deals go fairly quickly (so early on in the month).
November 2014 Flying Blue / Air France / KLM promo awards
Here is a list of the current November 2014 Flying Blue / Air France / KLM promo awards. I’ve just listed the origins, since typically the destination is just “Europe”.
- Montreal in Business Class for 25% off
- Toronto in Business class for 25% off
- Houston, New York (JFK) or Washington DC in Economy for 50% off (only 12,500 miles!)
- Los Angeles in Economy for 25% off
- Tahiti in Economy for 25% off. Now, you know and I know that Tahiti is not in North America, but I guess Air France does not :-). That’s 30,000 miles one way for Europe – Tahiti
- Chicago in Business Class for 50% off (31,250 miles one way)
- Miami to Madrid in either Economy or Business for 50% off
Central and South America
- Lima in Premium Economy for 25% off
- Panama City in Premium Economy for 50% off
- Rio de Janeiro or Sao Paulo in Business for 25% off
- Cayenne (French Guiana) in Economy for 25% off (22,500 miles)
- Accra, Cairo, Cotonou, Luanda to Europe in Economy for 50% off (12,500 miles)
- Dakar and Lagos to Europe in Economy for 25% off
- Nairobi to Guangzhou, Bangkok or Dubai for 50% off
- Amman or Beirut in Economy for 50% off
- Dammam or Dubai to Europe in Economy for 25% off
- Chengdu or Kuala Lumpur in Economy for 50% off
- Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Ho Chi Minh, Beijing or Bangkog in Premium Economy for 50% off
- Guangzhou, Osaka or Xiamen in Business class for 50% off
These are all intra-Europe flights – so flying to/from any of these airports is either 25% or 50% off. Think of them as the Flying Blue / Air France / KLM version of the Citibank American Airlines Reduced Mileage awards!
- Algiers, Bremen, Cardiff, Hanover, Ljubljana, Vigo for 50% off
- Bordeaux, Helsinki, and Moscow for 25% off
- Nice – Tel Aviv for 50% off
- Madrid to Porto Airport for 25% off
One caveat to these rewards is that Flying Blue DOES charge fuel surcharges. For economy class tickets, you’re typically at ~$100 / ticket, and for business, it’s closer to $200-$250 / ticket. So that does put a damper on some of these redemptions. Still, 12,500 miles one-way to Europe is as cheap as it gets!
Have you ever done a Flying Blue / Air France / KLM promo award? Leave a note with your tips in the comments!