Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Sometimes I see some news or articles around that don’t necessarily deserve a full article, but might be worth a brief note.
So here’s some odds and ends that you may be interested in
- It’s IHOP’s 56th anniversary, so they are selling a short stack of pancakes for 56 cents. Better hurry on this one as it’s today only and from the time of this writing, you have about an hour 🙂 Unless you live on the west coast!
- Also, don’t forget about Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-Fil-A! This Friday, July 11, dress up like a cow and get a free sandwich or meal (depending on your level of cow costume). This is a Miller family favorite – we even make the baby and the vegetarian dress up and get extra sandwiches 🙂
- Mommy Points has a great article on Uber Family, which is part of Uber (duh) but has larger vehicles including car seats.
- If you’re traveling to New York any time soon, they have dropped their prices by 20% and now claim to be cheaper than taxis.
- There’s a targeted bonus to buy US Airways miles if you’re interested, though I don’t think it’s a particularly compelling offer unless you need US Airways miles for a specific redemption (and need them FAST!)
- The TSA is now changing the rules that if you are flying to the US from Europe or the Middle East, all cell phones and tablets must be turned on. I guess they need to do something to justify the HUGE (over 100%) increase in fees that’s coming on July 21.
Anything else interesting going on in the world of travel? Share it in the comments