Sometimes I see some news or articles around that don’t necessarily deserve a full article, but might be worth a brief note.
So here’s some odds and ends that you may be interested in
- It’s IHOP’s 56th anniversary, so they are selling a short stack of pancakes for 56 cents. Better hurry on this one as it’s today only and from the time of this writing, you have about an hour 🙂 Unless you live on the west coast!
- Also, don’t forget about Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-Fil-A! This Friday, July 11, dress up like a cow and get a free sandwich or meal (depending on your level of cow costume). This is a Miller family favorite – we even make the baby and the vegetarian dress up and get extra sandwiches 🙂
- Mommy Points has a great article on Uber Family, which is part of Uber (duh) but has larger vehicles including car seats.
- If you’re traveling to New York any time soon, they have dropped their prices by 20% and now claim to be cheaper than taxis.
- There’s a targeted bonus to buy US Airways miles if you’re interested, though I don’t think it’s a particularly compelling offer unless you need US Airways miles for a specific redemption (and need them FAST!)
- The TSA is now changing the rules that if you are flying to the US from Europe or the Middle East, all cell phones and tablets must be turned on. I guess they need to do something to justify the HUGE (over 100%) increase in fees that’s coming on July 21.
Anything else interesting going on in the world of travel? Share it in the comments
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them