Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
My daughter and I just got back from a week in Taiwan and China. While my wife and I try to do 1 on 1 travel dates with each of our kids, this was the first time we had gone to Asia on one of these dates and so the first time my daughter had flown business class. So I thought I’d have her write down some of her reactions to her first time in business class.
Recently I had the privilege of going to Taiwan and China. Before I went on this trip I had never flown business class, So I had a lot to learn.
- Bathroom – If you need to go to the bathroom while you’re eating you either just have to hold it or ask a flight attendant to take the food away.
- Buttons, Buttons, Buttons! When we first got on the plane, I saw that there were buttons next to my seat and I was like “What the heck do those buttons do?” So I tried them out and I realized that they turn my seat to a bed.
- SO! LOUD! – The noise on the plane makes it really hard to sleep. I guess that’s why they give you earplugs.
- Which way to the bathroom? Usually when I fly on planes, the plane is just a straight line. But this plane was like a maze! There were so many twists and turns that I once got lost trying to get back from the bathroom!
- What the heck is that? The food was exotic. Half of the time I didn’t know what I was eating! I mean I had seaweed potato chips!
- OK, I’m done eating. The flight attendants kept bringing me more and more food, until I was like “OK I’m done.”
- So many movie options! When I have flights with TVs there are usually like 2 or 3 options for kids but in business class there are like 10!
- Boarding from the lounge – Until then I had never been on a flight where you could board from the lounge. (PWaC: We boarded directly from the Air France ORD Priority Pass lounge)
- Pajamas – I didn’t know that the flight attendants gave you pajamas – it made it much more comfortable to sleep!
- Watching TV – It’s so much easier to watch TV when you’re leaning back with a blanket and with no shoes on.
- Business class is the BEST! – It’s so much easier to endure a long flight when you’re in business class.