The other day, I posted about a sale on United Saver roundtrip awards within the US as well as to Alaska and Canada. That deal is still going on (you have to book by August 23rd), but starting today there is ALSO a deal on award sales from the US to Asia. For some reason, United has decided to give 8,888 miles off of a one-way, or 17,776 miles off total (though to book this, you have to book a roundtrip)
This comes as either 22% off of travel to South Asia or 25% off of travel to North Asia. Note that this sale is to either the North Asia or South Asia regions, which means that it does NOT include travel to Japan (United has that in a separate region). There IS also a sale on award travel within Japan, with prices currently at 5000 miles for a one-way under 800 flown miles, or 8,000 miles for longer flights
Fine print on the United Award sale to Asia
- Tickets must be booked no later than 11:59 p.m. CST on August 22, 2016.
- Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after August 29, 2016, and completed on or before April 30, 2017, subject to the blackout dates listed below.
- Blackout dates: Offer is not valid for any travel occurring December 9, 2016 through February 3, 2017.
- Offer is valid for travel on all days of the week.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel between 1) North Asia and the U.S. (excluding Hawaii) or Canada, or 2) South Asia and the U.S. (excluding Hawaii) or Canada, subject to the routing restrictions listed below.
- North Asia is defined as: China (Mainland), South Korea, Mongolia, and Taiwan.
- South Asia is defined as: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid on flight paths that include a nonstop flight segment between the U.S. and China that is operated by United Airlines. All other routings are still priced as regular, non-discounted awards. Offer is not valid on flight paths that include a nonstop flight segment between the U.S. and China that is a United-marketed codeshare flight operated by another carrier.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel in United Economy. One-way travel is still priced as a regular, non-discounted award.
- Discounted Saver Award is combinable with other award types as long as the itinerary is roundtrip (e.g., a member can book a Standard Award for the outbound portion of an itinerary and a Saver Award for the return portion, or vice versa) but only the flight segments purchased with a qualifying Saver Award will be eligible for a discount.
- For this offer, “roundtrip” is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel ending at the origin city. Open-jaw itineraries within the same region do qualify for the discount. Stopovers do not qualify for this offer. A booking service charge may apply for travel booked less than 21 days before departure
You have to book this travel by August 22nd, and you can travel from August 29th through next April (blacked out for most of December and January 2017. More details here, though you do not have to register to take advantage.
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them