Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
I suppose it was bound to happen eventually, but I think I’ve started to become the Amtrak booster around here. When you live in the Northeast, Amtrak is a great way to get between cities on the cheap, and I guess that’s why a good deal of my posts (with another one on the way soon!) are centered on Amtrak. Earlier today, I discovered 4 new Amtrak promotions available to me in my Guest Rewards account, and if I’m able to use all four, I’ll earn 800 bonus points. Let’s take a look at the 4 new Amtrak promotions below.
- Promotion 1: Book a business class ticket on the Cardinal (NYC to Chicago via Washington D.C.) between 1/1/2017 and 12/31/2017 and earn an additional 200 points.
- Promotion 2: Book a business class ticket on the Crescent (NYC to New Orleans) between 1/1/2017 and 12/31/2017 and earn an additional 200 points.
- Promotion 3: Book a ticket on amtrak.com and travel between 1/1/2017 and 12/31/2017 and earn an additional 200 points.
- Promotion 4: Book an Acela ticket and travel between 1/1/2017 and 12/31/2017 and earn an additional 200 points.
Two of the four above are pretty easy to use: if you book an Acela ticket on amtrak.com, you’ll earn an additional 400 points. Take this sample trip below:
On this $116 fare, you’ll earn 232 points for travel, 58 points for Business Class travel, and 400 bonus points with the two promotions above, netting you 690 points. And, if you use your Amtrak Guest Rewards World Mastercard, you’ll earn an additional 348 points, for a grand total of 1,038 points
(READ MORE: Amtrak NYC to Boston Review)
The other two promotions are giving me a harder time. Given that the Cardinal and the Crescent travel from NYC to Washington D.C. before continuing onto Chicago and New Orleans, respectively, I should be able to book a ticket to Washington D.C. Should being the operative word here. I can’t for the life of me get these two trains to show up when selecting New York and Washington as my itinerary. If you can figure it out, I’d be eternally grateful for your assistance!
4 New Amtrak Promotions Conclusion
Given that these promotions all run for a full year, and that they’re free to register for, signing up for them is a no brainer. Signing up is easy as well, following these steps:
- Log into your Amtrak Guest Rewards account
- Select “My Promotions” from the dropdown on the left
- Click “View All Promotions”
- Register for any/all available promotions
Simple as that! Will you be signing up for these 4 new Amtrak promotions?
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them