It’s been an interesting summer for airlines. It must be the heat that leads travelers and airlines to make some head scratching decisions. Here are 5 stories that caught my eye over the past few weeks.
Plane passenger slammed for ‘gross’ act on flight – and people want him arrested
- This may be my least favorite of the five stories and apparently lots of other travelers are disturbed by this passenger’s behavior as well.
Wow: Passenger Wakes Up on Empty, Dark Air Canada Plane
- Sleeping on a plane can be a nightmare at times. For this poor passenger the nightmare really started when she woke up all alone.
United Puts Unaccompanied Minor on Flight to the Wrong Country
- As a parent I can’t imagine how scary it would be to find out your child is headed to the wrong country! We all know it is impossible to call airline customer service, but Twitter was able to help the situation.
“Very Shaken” Sunbather Almost Killed by Stowaway Who Fell 3,500 Feet from Kenya Airways Jet is Too Traumatised to Return Home
- Imagine just trying to have a relaxing day in the sun and narrowly avoiding getting smashed by a falling body. I know we all dislike paying for airline tickets, but this wasn’t the answer.
American Airlines made a doctor wrap a blanket around herself because a flight attendant found her summer outfit ‘inappropriate’
- These outfit stories will pop up periodically and this one definitely seems like another questionable objection to a passenger’s clothing choice.
Which airline story is the most surprising or disturbing to you? Leave a comment and let us know!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
The Korean Air Captain story didn’t crack top 5? Wow!
How did I miss that one?! That story definitely would have made the cut. Thanks for pointing it out.
The story of the “doctor” was a publicity stunt and deserves no further airplay.