The miles and points “game” can sometimes feel very solitary. Unless you meet someone in line trying to load your Bluebird or Serve (if you even still have one!), or maybe in an airport lounge, your social interactions are often behind a computer screen, like on Twitter or Facebook.
I’ve had a lot of fun when I’ve attended conferences such as the Family Travel for Real Life conference. More recently, I had a great time presenting at the Chicago Seminars
You might have seen the video I took on Instagram before one of my presentations at Chicago Seminars
Here is some information on a couple of upcoming miles and points meetups that might be interesting, depending on where you live or where you’ll be
- Minneapolis / St. Paul – there is a meetup TONIGHT (Monday Oct 24th). It’s at 6:30 p.m. at the JW Marriott Mall of America bar. Email msp-meetups at ksong.me for more information
- Washington DC – meetup this Tuesday (Oct 25th) at Dino’s Grotto in Shaw, hosted by Ed from Pizza in Motion and Jeanne from Le Chic Geek. For details see this Pizza in Motion post. It’s free but you do need to pre-register for space reasons
- Dallas – As part of the upcoming Family Travel for Real Life conference, there is a Friday night happy hour at the Hyatt Place DFW on Friday November 4th. Tickets are $5 for just the happy hour or $79 for the conference
- New York City – Richard Kerr of the Travel Hacking 101 Facebook group is hosting a New York City meetup on Sunday December 4th – details still forthcoming
- Cincinnati – I’ve scheduled our 4th Cincinnati miles and points meetup back at the Oakley Library on Saturday December 10th at 3:00 p.m.
If you have a miles and points meetup that you’d like me to publicize, drop me an email at dan at pointswithacrew dot com and I’ll be happy to include it. Also feel free to leave details in the comments
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them