Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
IHG is taking steps to make the guest experience more digital. Just last week the company announced the launch of “IHG Studio”. IHG Studio is currently available in nearly 40 hotels in the U.S. and will expand to other regions by the end of 2019, including the U.K., Greater China, Canada and Latin America. The system will become a standard across all brands globally over the coming years.
What Does IHG Studio Offer?
There are several services that IHG is working to provide with this new experience. Here is a list.
- Connect and stream content securely from guests’ personal devices to their guest room TV
- Make service requests such as order extra pillows, arrange for a late checkout and review room charges
- Access the TV remote from the IHG Rewards Club mobile app
- Order room service and purchase on-property amenities
- Pay with Points, a new pilot program that allows guests to use IHG Rewards Club points to make in-hotel purchases
Any time a hotel rolls out technology that makes my stay easier or more enjoyable I am on board. The streaming option is a plus and being able to make service requests without calling the front desk is a welcome addition. I’m curious to learn more about Pay with Points although these types of options tend to give fairly poor value (maybe this will be the exception). The press release can be accessed by clicking this link.
Tell us your thoughts on these changes to the IHG experience in the comments!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them