You will need to pay with Paypal to get the $50 discount. Some hotels are excluded and I was having a bit of trouble finding one that it would let me use the discount on.
Hotels.com discount fine print
Here are the fine print / terms and conditions
- This coupon is only valid for bookings paid for with PayPal.
- Use this coupon to get $50.00 off the price of your booking at a participating Price Guarantee hotel when you stay between 1 and 28 nights and spend a minimum of $300.00 for your entire stay.
- You must pay for your stay when you make the booking.
- The discount only applies to the first room in the booking. You’ll need to pay the full price for any other rooms. The discount doesn’t apply to any taxes, fees or additional costs.
- To use this coupon, you must be over 18 years old and resident in the United States.
- You may only use this coupon for bookings made between 12:01 am MT on 8/1/18 and 11:59pm MT on 8/31/18 on the US version of Hotels.com for a stay to be completed between 8/1/18 and 12/31/18. Bookings are subject to availability and the hotel’s terms and conditions
- You can only use this coupon for a maximum of five bookings and each time it must be used in full. After those five bookings you won’t be able to use this coupon again, even if you cancel one or more of those bookings.
- This coupon can’t be used for:
- Package bookings i.e. hotel + flight
- Bookings made through Group Travel Services
- Bookings paid for at the hotel
- Bookings paid for in a foreign currency
- Bookings at non-participating hotels
- Bookings made prior to receipt of this coupon
Good luck and happy travels!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them