IHG is currently offering 50% off awards for a variety of hotels and resorts in Mexico and Central America. You need to book by May 2nd and stay between April 29th and June 12th, 2016
There are 21 hotels participating in the promotion, in 5 different Latin American / Caribbean countries. Here are the new point values during the promotional period
- Holiday Inn Express® Veracruz Boca del Río, Mexico – 12,500 points / night
- Holiday Inn Express® Puerto Vallarta, Mexico – 10,000 points / night
- Holiday Inn Express® Manzanillo, Mexico – 7,500 points / night
- Holiday Inn Express® Ciudad del Carmen, Mexico – 7,500 points / night
- Holiday Inn Express® Cabo San Lucas, Mexico – 7,500 points / night
- Holiday Inn Resort® Los Cabos, Mexico – 17,500 points (all inclusive resort)
- Holiday Inn Resort® Ixtapa, Mexico – 25,000 points / night (all inclusive resort)
- Holiday Inn® Veracruz Boca del Río, Mexico – 12,500 points / night
- Holiday Inn® Ciudad del Carmen, Mexico – 7,500 points / night
- Holiday Inn® Cancún Arenas, Mexico – 17,500 points (all inclusive resort)
- Holiday Inn® Campeche, Mexico – 7,500 points / night
- Hotel Indigo® Veracruz Boca del Río, Mexico – 10,000 points / night
- InterContinental® Presidente Cancún Resort, Mexico – 15,000 points / night
- InterContinental® Presidente Cozumel Resort & Spa, Mexico – 20,000 points / night
- InterContinental® Miramar Panamá, Panama – 15,000 points / night
- Crowne Plaza® Panamá, Panama – 12,500 points / night
- Crowne Plaza® Panamá Aeropuerto, Panama – 15,000 points / night
- Holiday Inn® Panamá Canal, Panama – 7,500 points / night
- Holiday Inn Resort® Montego Bay, Jamaica – 17,500 points / night (all inclusive resort)
- Holiday Inn® Cartagena Morros, Colombia – now 12,500 points / night
- Holiday Inn Resort® Aruba, Aruba – 15,000 points / night
Using points at an all-inclusive resort can be a pretty good way to maximize your points. If you look at something like the Holiday Inn Resort® Montego Bay, a 1 night stay for 4 people costs $202, or 17,500 points
That’s 1.15 cents per point, which is a pretty good redemption for an IHG point. If you look back at the Daily Getaways from two weeks ago, you could buy 75,000 points (enough for 4 nights) for $443, compared to paying $808! You can actually get it a bit cheaper as you can manufacture IHG points as low as 0.6 cents per point, which would count those 75,000 points for as low as $420.
Good luck out there and happy booking!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Good reminders re. the all-inclusives on this list. I’m planning to check out the Los Cabos HIR this time around… Looks really promising (even with the rough surf).
Have been to the HIR Montego Bay (when it was still HI Sunspree ). Lots and lots of folks there were multi-return visitors — and for really good reasons. Super friendly place, idyllic, if crowded beach, great entertainment, and variety of meal options. (Yet not quite in same league with nearby Hyatt — but a great deal at 17,5k/night)
Am very surprised to see the Cancun HI listed as “all-inclusive”… Anybody been there recently? (I do recall Drew @ TIF being not impressed with the place)