Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Key Link about this offer and other travel cards here! (I may receive a commission if you apply for this card through this link)
Fresh offer on the Chase United MileagePlus Explorer card! Chase is now offering 40,000 United miles after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months. PLUS, you’ll get $100 statement credit after your first purchase!
If you want this offer though, you’ll have to snag it before July 16th.
Check out the Details:
- Welcome offer of 40,000 United MileagePlus miles after $2,000 spend in 3 months and a $100 statement credit after your first purchase.
- $0 intro annual fee, then $95 a year
- New perks:
- Double United MileagePlus miles on restaurant and hotel spend
- $100 TSA PreCheck or Global Entry credit
- The old perks we know and love:
- Double United MileagePlus miles on United purchases
- Priority boarding
- First checked bag free for cardholder and one companion
- 2 United Club Passes each year (check out the United Club at BOS)
- No foreign transaction fees
- 25% discount on in-flight purchases
Should you apply for the Chase United 40,000 mile offer?
(I mean, do you even want to fly United? Think carefully about that one…)
Chase typically sets the United MileagePlus Explorer card’s welcome offer between 30,000 and 50,000 miles. With the 5/24 rule, you’ll want to make sure you’re getting the best offer for your spend on any new Chase card. Mathematically speaking, let’s value United miles at 1.5 cents per point. That means that the $100 statement credit is worth around 6,667 MileagePlus miles. So, the 50,000 welcome offer would typically be more valuable.
That’s to to say you shouldn’t apply! Cash is king, after all, $100 in your pocket is worth more than a pile of miles you can’t use. (Yes, I have to remind myself to stop hoarding miles quite often…)
Learn more about this offer and other travel cards here! (I may receive a commission if you apply for this card through this link)
Ultimately, you’ll have to decide for yourself. I think this is a great offer, especially with the MileagePlus Explorer’s new benefits, but I’d probably hold out to be honest. Although 50,000 miles is a common offer on the card, we’ve seen it as high as 60,000 or even 70,000 MileagePlus!