Here are recent top travel news from around the Internet
- Ben from One Mile at a Time reports about a man who walked around the Atlanta airport with an automatic rifle… just because he could.
- I reported earlier this week that Wyndham hotels recently changed their award structure, removing categories and making every hotel only 15,000 points a night. There was some discussion about whether some of Wyndham’s all-inclusive resorts would be included for only 15,000 points, and Mommy Points reports that yes, they will!
- Points, Miles and Martinis reports on one perk of the Amex SPG Business card – access to the club lounges at Sheraton / SPG hotels. The card’s annual fee is waived the first year, so until your card anniversary, you’ll get free club lounge access at Sheraton hotels.
- Jeff from Jeffsetter Travels recently embarked on a “no home” adventure – first stop, 37 days in Hawaii!
- I also read an interesting Flyertalk thread where a passenger on a Delta SLC-BOS flight had his flight delayed where they bumped 18 people and took off 42 people’s luggage so that they could haul some “mysterious” cargo. Speculation running rampant!
- And of course, there’s the guy in the UK who literally CHANGED HIS NAME to avoid having to have Ryanair re-issue his ticket (at an exorbitant fee!)
If you’re still looking for more top travel news – try the last installment: #FT4RL Family Travel, 26 million in Membership Rewards, structuring while manufactured spending, how many days for Disney, and a free shipping change!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
User Generated Content Disclosure: Points With a Crew encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.