Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
The 1st quarter of 2023 is coming up shortly, and we just received news of Chase Freedom Q1 2023 Bonus. To those who do not know, Chase Freedom and Chase Freedom Flex cards get quarterly rotating bonus categories. When you use your Chase Freedom or Chase Freedom Flex during these quarters, your purchase gets 5% cash back vs. the usual 1% cash back. This offer is good on up to $1,500 spent in combined purchases in the bonus categories. It’s very important to note that you MUST ACTIVATE this bonus
Chase Freedom Flex credit card
The Chase Freedom card is no longer open to new applicants – instead, you’ll sign up for the Chase Freedom Flex card, which is a no fee credit card that currently has a welcome bonus of $200 (20,000 Ultimate Rewards points) after spending $500 in the first 3 months.
Other benefits include:
- 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate
- 5% cash back on travel purchased through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal
- 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service
- Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- You can redeem your points for cash back at 1 cent per point or transfer to other Chase cards to potentially get even more value
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 18.74% – 27.49%.
- No annual fee
Chase Freedom Q1 2023 Bonus Categories
Chase has announced its Chase Freedom Q1 2023 Bonus categories for the last quarter of the year. Beginning January 1st until March 31st, you get 5% cash back when you use your Chase Freedom and make purchases at:
- Grocery Stores (excluding Walmart)
- Fitness Clubs and Gym Memberships
How to activate Chase Freedom Q1 2023 Bonus
Beginning December 15th (so already), Chase Freedom cardholders can activate their cards for the Chase Freedom Q1 2023 Bonus. Here’s the link to activate beginning December 15. You simply need to put in your last name, the last 4 digits of your Freedom or Freedom Flex credit card and your zip code.
The activation takes only a few seconds, and if you have one of these credit cards you should definitely take the time to do this now before you forget and start spending in January
Good luck and happy spending!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them