Flying Blue, the loyalty program of Air France and KLM, offers a number of promotional awards on the first day of each month. The typical discount is around 20-25%, but they can be as deep as 50%. Promo Awards are mostly for economy flights, but a few awards in business class are usually available.
This month, there seem to be a wide variety of flight classes available.
Flying Blue February 2019 Promo Awards
These are bookable online between February 1-February 28th for travel between April 1st-May 31st.
The following discounts are available…
- 25% off Air France economy & business awards between Seattle and Europe
- 50% off Air France & KLM economy & business awards between Montreal and Europe
- 25% off Air France & KLM economy awards between Vancouver and Europe
- 50% off Air France & KLM economy awards between Houston and Europe
- 25% off KLM business awards between Edmonton and Europe
All of the routes are shown below.
Earning Flying Blue Miles
If you would like to earn more Flying Blue miles, your best options are through the American Express Platinum Card and the Chase Sapphire Preferred. Through these cards, you are able to transfer to Flying Blue at a 1:1 ratio. If you had to pick between the two cards, my preference is the American Express Platinum Card because of the 5x per dollar spent on flight bookings.
Terms & Conditions
Just like any other sale, there are terms & conditions to abide by.
- Available for one-way and roundtrip tickets
- Valid for reservations made on airfrance.com and klm.com, not via call centres or ticket offices
- Travel dates may vary depending on the destination, and restrictions may apply
- Tickets can’t be modified, cancelled or refunded
- Stopovers are not allowed on Promo rewards
- Subject to availability, applicable taxes, fees and carrier-imposed international surcharges
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them