Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
American Airlines is expanding its network in 2018 with a total of 52 new routes from its nine hubs in the U.S. This week the airline also announced a new Shuttle service between Chicago O’Hare and New York LaGuardia airport.
5 new seasonal services to Europe
These new routes to Europe were announced back in August 2017, adding Budapest and Prague as new destination on American Airlines’ route map. The new service will run from May 4, 2018 to October 27,2018.
- Chicago to Venice Italy (VCE) using Boeing 787-7 aircraft
- Philadelphia to Budapest Hungary (BUD)
- Philadelphia to Prague Czech Republic (PRG)
- Philadelphia to Zurich Switzerland (ZRH)
- Dallas to Reykjavik Iceland (KEF) as announced in November 2017
2 new routes plus increased services to Canada
These new and increased services were announced back in December 2017.
- Chicago to Calgary (YYC), seasonal service begins June 7, 2018
- Chicago to Vancouver (YVR), daily service begins May 4, 2018,
- Increased service between Phoenix to Edmonton (YEG) to 2x daily through April 2, 2018,
- Increased service between New York LaGuardia and Toronto (YYZ) to 3x daily year-round starting Feb 15, 2018
- Increased service between Washington National (DCA) and Toronto (YYZ) to 5x daily year-round starting May 4, 2018.
- Increased service between Philadelphia and Ottawa (YOW) to 3x daily year-round starting May 4, 2018.
- Extend seasonable service between Philadelphia and Quebec City (YQB) through November 3, 2018.
With these new and expanded services, American will offer up to 69 daily flights from seven Canadian cities to its nine hubs.
45 new domestic routes from 9 hubs
The following new routes will start on June 7, 2018:
- Three routes from PHL to Fort Wayne, Indiana (FWA); Oklahoma City (OKC); and Pensacola, Florida (PNS), as previously announced in October 2017
- New service from both Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) and DFW to Panama City, Florida (ECP) and South Bend, Indiana (SBN)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania (AVP)
New shuttle between Chicago and LaGuardia
Beginning April 4, American will launch new hourly Shuttle service between New York LaGuardia (LGA) and ORD, with 15 flights per weekday and complimentary beer and wine in Main Cabin. American currently operates Shuttle service between LGA and Boston, LGA and Washington National Airport (DCA); and DCA and BOS.
Will you be traveling on any of American’s new routes in 2018?
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them