You can now transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to Hilton Honors and receive a 30% bonus. This offer will end November 30, 2018.
Here is the basic terms of the bonus offer:
- Minimum transfer is 1,000 Membership Rewards points.
- Redeem for this exclusive offer from 12:00 a.m. MT on September 25, 2018 to 11:59 p.m. MT on November 30, 2018, to receive 30% additional Hilton Honors Bonus Points.
- Please allow up to eight weeks for the additional Hilton Honors Bonus Points to be awarded. Hilton Honors Bonus Points do not count towards elite tier qualification
You normally get 2 Hilton Honors points for one American Express Membership Reward point, so the 30% bonus makes it a 1 to 2.6 transfer from Membership Rewards to Hilton.
Why I probably won’t transfer any
Membership Rewards are one of the more valuable points currencies out there – and one of the big reasons is how flexible they are. I would value Membership Rewards at about 2 cents per point (around triple the value of Hilton Honors points). So even with the 30% bonus it’s probably not a great opportunity for most people. The only way I could see this being worth doing would be if you
- Have a LOT of Membership Rewards
- And you have a specific Hilton stay upcoming where paying with points makes sense
If you’re low on Hilton points, you might check out some of the all-time welcome offers on the American Express Hilton cards
(SEE ALSO: 475,000 Hilton points with these new card welcome offers)
Have you taken advantage of this bonus promotion? If so, where are you heading?
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them