Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
You can now transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to Hilton Honors and receive a 30% bonus. This offer will end November 30, 2018.
Here is the basic terms of the bonus offer:
- Minimum transfer is 1,000 Membership Rewards points.
- Redeem for this exclusive offer from 12:00 a.m. MT on September 25, 2018 to 11:59 p.m. MT on November 30, 2018, to receive 30% additional Hilton Honors Bonus Points.
- Please allow up to eight weeks for the additional Hilton Honors Bonus Points to be awarded. Hilton Honors Bonus Points do not count towards elite tier qualification
You normally get 2 Hilton Honors points for one American Express Membership Reward point, so the 30% bonus makes it a 1 to 2.6 transfer from Membership Rewards to Hilton.
Why I probably won’t transfer any
Membership Rewards are one of the more valuable points currencies out there – and one of the big reasons is how flexible they are. I would value Membership Rewards at about 2 cents per point (around triple the value of Hilton Honors points). So even with the 30% bonus it’s probably not a great opportunity for most people. The only way I could see this being worth doing would be if you
- Have a LOT of Membership Rewards
- And you have a specific Hilton stay upcoming where paying with points makes sense
If you’re low on Hilton points, you might check out some of the all-time welcome offers on the American Express Hilton cards
Have you taken advantage of this bonus promotion? If so, where are you heading?
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them