Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Wednesday morning, I got an email from Southwest, and then from United. Shopping portal bonuses are back!
Every few months, the major airline shopping portal bonuses release bonuses to the tune of: Spend $xxx, get yyy number of bonus miles. This is on top of the regular shopping portal earnings you’ll receive. Typically everyone does this in unison, so i figured I’d check out all the portals. Sure enough, even though I only saw email reminders from United and Southwest, American Airlines and Alaska are also offering a bonus. Check it out!
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Shopping
For some reason you have to login to see this offer. Deadline is August 11th, a full week sooner than the rest of the crew.
- Earn 300 Mileage Plan Miles when you spend $150
- Earn 750 Mileage Plan Miles when you spend $300
- Earn 1,500 Mileage Plan Miles when you spend $500
American Airlines eShopping
- Earn 500 AAdvantage miles when you spend $150
- Earn 1,000 AAdvantage miles when you spend $300
- Earn 2,000 AAdvantage miles when you spend $500
These amounts are cumulative, for a maximum of 2,000 miles after spending a total of $500. You have until August 18th, and miles should post within 10 weeks.
Southwest Rapid Rewards Shopping
- Earn 250 Rapid Rewards when you spend $125
- Earn 900 Rapid Rewards when you spend $300
- Earn 2,000 Rapid Rewards when you spend $550
Southwest is just a bit stingy with their offer, but extra points are extra points! Spend by August 18th to earn the bonus.
United MileagePlus Shopping
United one ups the competition with a slightly more lucrative offer. Like American and Southwest, spend by August 18th to earn the bonus.
- Earn 500 MileagePlus miles when you spend $150
- Earn 1,500 MileagePlus miles when you spend $350
- Earn 2,500 MileagePlus miles when you spend $600
Delta is offering extra miles on certain retailers, but that’s almost always the case at every portal. No true Back to School bonus from Delta so far.
I wouldn’t go out of your way to hit these bonuses, although ordering from giftcards.com has worked for me in the past… If you can pair this with your regular back to school shopping, or maybe order some stuff for that next summer home project, you’ll be in good shape!