Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Amtrak likes to release frequent sales for their customers, and are big fans of Buy One Ticket, Get One Ticket Free promotions! From now through June 5th, if you book a Saturday ticket at full price on the Northeast Regional or Acela lines, you’ll get your second ticket free. Here are some sample prices form the site:
How to Get the BOGO Deal
This offer is open to anyone buying Saturday travel on the Northeast Regional or Acela lines. Purchase by June 5th, travel through September 7th. If your’e a member of Amtrak Guest Rewards, you should have received an email from Amtrak with the headline “Buy one, get one free Saturdays on select Northeast travel.” My son and I love train travel, but have only used Amtrak a handful of times so far.
The Northeast Regional connects Virginia to Boston, and the Acela Express runs faster trains between DC and Boston. Both are obviously limited to the northeastern portion of the United States, but hopefully you can find some value! Keep in mind these promotions often negate any other possible discounts on the tickets, so you have to make sure it really is a good deal before booking.
- Valid for sale May 15, 2019 – June 5, 2019.
- Valid for travel May 19, 2019 – September 7, 2019.
- Blackout dates: all days except Saturdays (only valid for travel on Saturday).
- Advance reservations required at least 3 day prior to travel.
- Valid for travel Saturdays only on Northeast Regional service between Washington, DC and Boston, MA (and within).
- Not valid on unreserved service on the Pennsylvanian and Keystone Service locally between Philadelphia and Harrisburg and 7000-8999 Thruways.
- Fares are one way (adult) and no additional discounts apply.
- Full fare adult and companion must travel together and be booked in the same reservation.
- Space is limited, not available on all trains at all times.
- Once ticketed, a 25% cancellation fee may apply.
- Valid for coach seats only; no upgrades allowed.
- Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary allowed.
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them