That’s right, $10 rentals offered by Avis and Budget. As always, if it sounds too good to be true, it’s worth looking deeper in to it in order to know how you could take advantage of this deal. It’s promoted as a great alternative to using a cab. The rates start at $9.99 (plus taxes and fees).
PWaC entries about these deals – Avis Offering $9.99 one way car rentals
What’s the deal?
- Offered by Avis and Budget/a>
- Good for one-way car rentals
- Pick up your car in one location and drop off at another
- Drive or keep the car up to 12 hours
- Free tank of gas and this includes 150 miles during those 12 hours
When and where can you use this offer
Offer is valid on certain days of the week, depending on where you are coming from and/or where you are going to. The offer is also valid in select airport locations and downtown areas. For a list of participating cities, airports, and downtown locations, , and then click on participating cities. The Avis site was down at the time this entry was created, but you can try using this link to go to the Avis offer.
Thursday to Friday — pick up at the airport, drop downtown
- Reserve and pick up a one-way car rental Thursday – Friday at a participating airport location and drop off at a participating downtown location within 12 hours.
Sunday to Monday —pick up downtown, drop at the airport
- Reserve and pick up a one-way car rental Sunday – Monday at a participating downtown and drop off at a participating airport location within 12 hours.
No discount code required to take advantage of these low rates.
Sample rates with Budget
As mentioned, rates start at $9.99, and could vary depending on the vehicle you will be renting
Sample from North Houston-The Gardens location to IAH airport dropoff
Sample from Newark Airport (EWR) to Midtown Manhattan Avis dropoff location
Key things to remember
Make sure you read the rules and list of airport cities/and downtown locations that participate for this promotion. If your need is as simple as $9.99 (which could get you an economy to full-size vehicle), hey, that’s not a bad deal, knowing that you could use the car up to 12 hours. Remember that the fees does not include fees and taxes, so just factor those in as part of your decision.