Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
There are plenty of options for renting houses and apartments out there, but not many have loyalty programs. Nothing for VRBO or Homeaway; AirBnB’s Superguest program won’t launch until later this year. That leaves the landscape pretty sparse for those looking to enjoy a bit more of a local feel. Hyatt has expanded their partnership with Oasis to offer guests Hyatt points on every stay.
What’s in it for us?
Effective March 1st, 2018, World of Hyatt members will gain the following benefits:
- 5 Base Points per dollar on qualifying Oasis nights
- Elite members will earn bonus points on eligible Oasis nights (Discoverist 10%, Explorist 20%, Globalist 30%)
- Qualifying Oasis nights will also earn tier-qualifying nights
- Late checkout for Elite Members (Discoverists and Explorists can stay until 2PM, Globalists get a 4PM checkout)
- Elite members will enjoy a welcome amenity at check-in
- World of Hyatt points can be redeemed in increments of 15,000 points for $200 off Oasis bookings (a value of 1.33 cp)
Personally, I see this as a direct response to AirBnB’s growth. I may be wrong, but hear me out: AirBnB has grown exponentially over the years, and is clearly here to stay a while. While Hyatt announced its intentions to bring the Oasis portfolio into its brand late last year, this latest news convinces me. Think about it. Hyatt gets the chance to capture some market share and exposure: Oasis properties match the breadth and width that’s promised by the Beyond by AirBnB collection. And, Oasis gets access to an already thriving loyalty program, without having to build it up: World of Hyatt, and the Hyatt brand, have plenty of loyal customers (our writers included).
Oasis focuses on higher-end home rentals. Technically, Oasis home rentals are included under the Unbound umbrella within the Hyatt hierarchy. You’ll also find plenty of interesting boutique hotels and fantastic resorts in the Unbound collection – the kind of stuff that doesn’t quite match the image of, say a Park Hyatt or Hyatt Place. The Oasis properties fit right in with the Unbound properties for Hyatt, and now you’ll be able to earn World of Hyatt points on your stays!
If you haven’t tried Oasis before, give it a shot, and let us know how it goes!