Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
More good news for lounge lurkers! American Express has announced plans for another new Lounge. Get ready for the LAX Centurion. It’ll be big. It’ll be flashy. It’ll be….overcrowded.
Hopefully that’s just a bit of pessimism, but let’s be honest, you were thinking the same thing. These Centurion lounges are immediately popular at their respective airports, and the only requirement is holding a Platinum card. I think a lot of us qualify.
Anyway, the newly announced Centurion Lounge is planned for the Tom Bradley International Terminal at Los Angeles International Airport. The LAX Centurion will have a 10 year lease, and occupy 13,693 square feet. This is definitely on the larger side of Centurion lounges, but LAX is a busy airport. The document here mentions that the LAWA (Los Angeles World Airports) has tried unsuccessfully to lease the lounge space to airlines for a number of years. The airport must really want a lounge, as the agreement seems to indicate the first year will be rent free for the LAX Centurion (check the top of page 4 on that document). We’re not yet sure what the lounge will offer. If size is any indication, there should be a full range of amenities, in addition to the great food on offer at Centurion Lounges.
Growing number of Centurion Lounges
- New York’s LaGuardia Airport
- Las Vegas’ McCarran International Airport – SEE ALSO: Should pets be allowed in airport lounges like the Las Vegas Centurion lounge?
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
- San Francisco International Airport
- Miami International Airport
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport
- Houston’s George Bush International Airport
- Hong Kong International Airport
- Philadelphia International Airport
- New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (by early 2019)
- Denver International Airport (2019)
- Los Angeles International Airport (first half of 2019)
How do I access the Centurion Lounge
- Access is FREE to the Centurion Lounges are given to cardholders of American Express Platinum Card and Centurion Card.
- Present a valid credit card (American Express Platinum or Centurion Card)
- Boarding pass with confirmed same-day travel information
- Government-issued I.D.
May I bring guests?
- Platinum Card members may bring up to two guests at no additional charge.
- Centurion members may bring up to two guests – you used to alternately bring your immediate family
- Guest access is per Card Member, not per Card.
- Additional guests may avail of the lounge by purchasing a day-pass for $50 USD
H/T to DoC and their readers
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them