Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Wanna get away? Southwest Airlines is ringing in the New Year with a fare sale starting as low as $49 one-way! But you have to book by January 26, 2017!
Rules of the Sale
Fine prints of the sale says:
- Domestic travel (excluding San Juan Puerto Rico)
- not valid on Friday and Sunday.
- valid January 24, 2017 through May 24, 2017.
- travel to Florida and Nevada and from Florida to Nevada is valid only on Sundays through Wednesday.
- Travel from Florida and Nevada and from Nevada to Florida is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid
- Monday to Thursday.
- January 24, 2017 through March 2, 2017 and
- March 29, 2017 through May 19, 2017.
- International travel valid
- Monday to Thursday.
- January 10, 2017 through March 2, 2017 and
- April 18, 2017 through May 8, 2017.
- Travel to Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays.
- Travel from Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Travel to/from Mexico City; Liberia and San Jose, Costa Rica is valid daily.
Fare as low as $49 one-way
Fare sales depends on the cities you are looking at. Fortunately in the bay area, we have three airports to choose from, but I usually prefer San Jose airport as it is super easy to get to.
$49 one-way to southern California and $52 one-way to Vegas! How I wish I have more vacation days!
Check your existing Southwest bookings
When there is a Southwest fare sale, always double check your existing bookings. Because of Southwest’s amazing cancellation policy, there is no penalty for changing your flight if the price goes down.
(SEE ALSO: How to cancel a Southwest flight – 1 easy step!)
(SEE ALSO: Southwest just PAID me to take the same flight!)
I only have one flight booked with Southwest this year, and it’s two weeks from now coming home from a weekend at Disneyland. Last November when Southwest had a fare sale I was able to rebook my return flight from $89 to $69, at a sweet 3,006 points!. But this time, I checked my friend’s reservation in April from Houston Hobby to New York and the current fare is more expensive than what she booked.
Were you able to book (or re-book!) any Southwest flights with this fare sale?
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them