Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Flyertalk member GeraldHouse spotted an expansion of American Airlines’ Chicago Sale from last month. This time it’s centered on Dallas and Houston, with great prices both to and from these cities. These deals are with Los Angeles, Chicago, and Miami, and look to be available from late fall through next February. It’s hard to beat $100 round trips from hubs as an escape from Chicago winter. And while the LA prices are higher, they are matching those of low cost carrier Spirit.
- Dallas: Chicago from $97, Los Angeles from $157
- Houston: Chicago from $97, Miami from $109, Los Angeles from $131
These are basic economy fares, including a carry-on and snacks (these direct flights are too short for meal service). Buying up to basic economy actually more than doubles the price on these fares, so these are best if you can avoid BE restrictions or don’t mind middle seats. If you really want seat selection on a flight to Texas and you’re in L.A., you might as well take advantage of Alaska’s first class deals to Dallas instead of paying $240 for main cabin. Fares are available both directly from American or with online travel agencies; check both options for dates that may work for you.
- Departure: Chicago O’Hare
- Stops: None
- Arrival: Houston
How to Book
- Follow link for sample dates or search your favorite OTA / Google Flights for departure and destination
- Fall 2019 through February 2020, holidays excluded
- 3-day stay required
Where to Stay in Dallas or Houston
- Club Quarters in Houston
- DoubleTree by Hilton Houston Downtown
- Courtyard Dallas Downtown Reunion District
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas Central – Market Center
Things to Do in Dallas or Houston
- Space Center Houston
- The Houston Museum of Natural Science
- Dallas’ Reunion Tower
- Dallas World Aquarium
Good luck and happy flying!