I was featured last week in the Couple Money podcast, which is a series of podcasts run over at (oddly enough!), http://couplemoneypodcast.com/. I guess I’m now a podcast veteran, as I’ve previously appeared on a podcast for the Saverocity Observation Deck.
I had a nice chat with Elle, the founder of Couple Money podcast, as we talked about a series of questions, including:
- How did you get into travel hacking? What motivated you to start blogging about it?
- Could tell me what lessons do you hope your kids get out from your family travels? Do you have any stories about things they’ve picked up?
- I have a general idea about travel hacking with credit cards and I’m still learning the lingo. Could explain what credit churning is?
- How do you stay on top of the different programs and maximize your points/rewards?
It was definitely an introductory-level post, but worth a listen for sure if you’re just starting out, and even veterans might pick up a tip or two!
Some of the topics that I mentioned in the podcast we’ve already talked about here on the blog, like
- Which hotels give dinner for free
- 3 reasons “budget” hotels DESTROY nice ones
- Beginner’s Guide to Miles and Points
- Why a fellow passenger told my wife and I that “we were the type of people that shouldn’t have children“
- My $6500 train ride (for free!)
- 170,000 Southwest points to fly our family of 8 to Lake Tahoe.
You can find my Couple Money podcast at How to Travel for Free… with kids or you can download the mp3 directly
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them