Okay – it’s time to tell the truth? Are you following me on Twitter? Or Facebook? Well but surely you are like the thousands of other travelers who have signed up for the once-daily email with the best travel news?
If not, here are some of the top Points With a Crew posts that you may have missed from the past week:
- IHG hotels have been in the news – first of all, they announced last Monday that they were making some changes to their rewards program, including points expiring and a new top tier. It was not originally clear to me whose points would expire, but there is one group of people whose points won’t EVER expire (and you might already be part of it!)
- IHG also announced a new summer promotion called “Share Forever” – details should be coming live later today.
- The other big news of the week was that Southwest’s big devaluation finally hit. It looks like certain flights are now pricing anywhere from 70 to 80 points / dollar.
- If you need some more Southwest points now to cover your flights – you can get 10,000 Southwest points for changing your energy provider.
- $20 off of a $20 purchase from Amazon through Amex Sync offers. It looks like it’s a targeted offer – I had it on one of my 3 accounts.
- Taking advantage of the awesome business class availability on Aer Lingus? Here’s how to pick your seats if you booked it with British Airways Avios
- What county is Dallas DFW airport in?
- Do you think it’s ever appropriate for a dad to sit up in first class while the rest of his family sits back in coach?
- There’s a new promotion from the AAdvantage shopping portal offering triple miles on online purchases that would stack with any regular portal bonuses.
- A recent comment on a post made me wonder – “What’s the NICEST thing you’ve ever done for a fellow passenger?”
What was the best travel news you saw?
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them