Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
What do you need to do?
- Make sue you have the Chase Pay app on your phone (available with iOS or Android)
- Log in to your Chase account
- Tap the “Wallet” icon and choose “Loyalty cards” tab
- Choose the plus sign “+”, and make sure to select Shell from the list of merchants
- Now press “+”, then select Shell from the merchant list.
- Enter your Fuel Reward loyalty card number or Alt ID. If you don’t have a Fuel Rewards account, click here.
- Tap the “Add card” button – This will link your Fuel Reward Account with Chase Pay
Time to save at the pump
Once you’ve linked your Chase Pay with your Fuel Rewards account and have chosen shell, it’s time to save
- Use Chase Pay app at a participating Shell Gas Station.
- Open the Chase Pay App and tap the “Pay” button, then tap “At the pump.”
- Enter the pump number and approve the transaction.
- Enter your unique code at the pump and start fueling up.
Key things to remember
- To activate the offer, you have to have an initial fill-up of at least 5-Gallons using Chase Pay
- This first fill-up will NOT give you the $0.35 cents off.
- It is the next fill-up that will give you $0.35 off per gallon with Chase Pay
- The $0.35 cents off per gallon is good for 20 gallons of fuel per purchase, per vehicle.
- This has to be done in a single transaction
- Click here for more details about this limited time offer.
Over where I live, the price per gallon for unleaded gas at Shell was $3.41 per gallon. Ouch. I still remain a Costco fan, we have a Costco gas station and I couple my gas fill-up with my weekly Costco shopping visit. This Shell/Chase Pay offer is not too shabby. It gives us another option. I also read in a few forums that Shell offers discount gas prices on Tuesdays, so that might be another way of saving on top of this 35 cents. It may or may not be the best deal out there, but as always, it’s good to have options. Oh and lastly, don’t forget to use your Chase Freedom cards that’s currently giving 5% cashback this quarter.