Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Virgin Atlantic is running a great promotion with Avis for car rentals reserved between January 1, 2018 and February 28, 2018 with a rental period between January 1, 2018 and June 30, 2018.
For every reservation of two days or more, you will snag 5,500 bonus Flying Club miles. These points are given in addition to the standard 500 miles per rental of one to six days and 1,000 miles on a reservation of seven days or more.
What You Need To Know
- Must make reservation between January 1 and February 28, 2018
- Rental must be between January 1, and June 30, 2018
- Bonus miles awarded on rentals picked up in North America, Canada, the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia
- Valid at all participating Avis locations in regions listed above
- All rentals must begin by June 30, 2018
- Valid on rental car group C and above
- Minimum rental of two days and maximum of 28 days
- Offer not available on all rates and blackout dates may apply
- Advance reservation required
- Drivers must be over 21 and hold a valid drivers license
- You must present your Flying Club number at time of rental
For more details, see the full offer page here.
YMMV but according to this post at Head for Points, you shouldn’t have to book through the link on the offer page but can instead book through the Avis app or website and use another offer code to save some extra money.
Maximizing The Promotion
Now, you could go really crazy with this promotion if you want to. There is no mention of the maximum number of times any single Flying Club member can take advantage of the bonus.
Frequent Miler did some math and figured out that you could earn as many as 486,000 Flying Club miles. As he mentions, that number of miles would be enough for four first class round trip tickets on ANA. I highly suggest reading through the comments of his post. A reader realized you could actually earn closer to one million Flying Club points if you make your reservations just right.
If you decide to go all out, plan to do some math and make sure you will get a worthwhile return on the time and money you spend.
Have you ever taken a promotion like this to the extreme?