Check your emails for the new Triple Play Promotion form Hilton! Now through January 5th, you can register to earn triple Hilton points on paid stays (if you’re an Hilton AmEx cardholder)! Without a Hilton card in your wallet, you’ll still be able to earn double points on all paid stays during the promotion.
Hilton Power Up Promotion
Sign up for the offer at HiltonHonors.com/PowerUp. The good news? It’s not targeted! AmEx Hilton cardholders will earn triple points on all paid stays (in addition to your credit card points), and other Hilton members will earn double points. I’ve summarized the fine print for you guys here:
- Offer valid for stays completed September 9, 2019, through January 5, 2020 (“Promotion Period”) at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
- Hilton Honors™ members must first register at HiltonHonors.com/PowerUp.
- You must check out on or prior to January 5, 2020 to be eligible for this offer.
- Registered Hilton Honors members checking in before September 9, 2019 will receive credit for their stay if the stay is completed on or after September 9, 2019 and prior to or on January 5, 2020.
- Registered Hilton Honors members will earn…during the Promotion Period for using a Hilton Honors Credit Card. (Looks like you have to pay with the Hilton card.)
- All Hilton cards are included (including some interesting ones!).
- There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period with this offer. However, there are restrictions on the amount of Base Points that can be earned on a single stay at certain brands.
- Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification.
Guess what I found in the terms? It’s open to the international Hilton credit card portfolio too! I’m so used to the points and miles world centered in the United States, so it was interesting to read about the Sumitomo Hilton cards (Japan), the Barclaycard Hilton Honors card (UK, no longer accepting applications), and the DKB German Hilton card (Germany…duh).
Is it worth it?
That’s the important question. Everybody’s answer will be a bit different, but let’s run some numbers. I’ll assume I already have a paid stay coming up with Hilton, or at least the opportunity to book one. I currently hold the AmEx Hilton Business card, which makes me eligible for the Triple base points. Since I’ll also pay with that business card, I’ll earn 12x points on the Hilton spend. I’m also a Hilton Diamond member (through a lot of spend on that business card), so I get a 100% elite bonus on the points I earn. On a paid stay at most Hilton brands, I’ll earn:
- 10x Hilton points for being a member
- 20x Hilton points from this Triple Play Promotion
- 12x Hilton points from my AmEx Hilton business card
- 10x Hilton points from my Diamond status with Hilton (100% bonus on base points earned)
That will give me a total earn of 42x Hilton points on paid stays. Somewhere around a 20-30% rebate, depending how you value Hilton points!
If you have a different Hilton card (or no Hilton card), or different status, your numbers will change. Don’t forget to look at the ongoing IHG Accelerate promotion too. Either way, you’ll net some solid extra points on your upcoming hotel stays!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them