Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Interesting fare “skirmish” right now, as the big 3 U.S. airlines and their alliance partners are offering great prices to Europe. But what’s unusual: each airline is offering low prices from a competitor’s hub airports. Even Atlanta, which almost never has <$500 deals, is on sale. you don’t need to know which cities are somebody’s “home base”, just what’s some of the best options:$500>
- San Francisco: to Paris from $293 (Delta/Air France) – maybe the best deal here
- Los Angeles: to Barcelona from $329 (American)
- New York/Newark: $229 to Madrid (United); NY/JFK: $255 to Paris (AA), NY/LGA: $290 to Paris (AA) – these are just good prices, not “fare skirmishes”
- Philadelphia (UA, Air Canada): $372 to Barcelona, $367 to Brussels
- Atlanta (all American Airlines): $454 to Barcelona, $461 to Warsaw, $477 to Rome, $488 to Paris
- Dallas: $520 to Amsterdam (Delta)
These are basic economy fares; buying up to main economy runs $120 – $180 total for checked bag and seat choice. Fares generally run from fall through the end of winter/early spring. There are more deals I didn’t list to avoid flooding you with information, so if you can reach these hubs easily, check google Flights or your favorite OTA for other opportunities.
How to Book
- Search Google Flights to search for sample dates and destinations
- Fall through March 2020; differs by route
- 6+ day minimum stay required
Good luck and happy flying!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them