This week there are fee-free gift cards available at Staples. Normally, Staples sells Visa and Mastercard in a variety of denominations, but there is an activation fee of $5.95 or more (depending on the denomination)
This week though (1/13-1/19) we have learned through the weekly ad that they will not have any purchase fee
Details on the Staples fee-free Visa Gift Card offer
- These are Metabank Visa Gift Cards, which means that generally the initial PIN is the last 4 of the card number
- Limit 1 per customer according to the ad, but YMMV as some stores may allow you to buy more than one. Or bring your friends, spouses, kids and others :-).
Cards to use
You’ll definitely want to use a card that gives a bonus at office supply stores. A few of my favorites
- The old Chase Ink Plus card (tragically, not available for new signups)
- Chase Ink Cash card – gives 5x Ultimate Rewards points
- American Express Simply Cash Plus (5% cashback)
My plan would be to use a Chase card, which means that each card that you buy should net you 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points
Good luck and happy shopping! Let us know how you made out in the comments
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Could I buy Staples e- gift card from United MPX and use it to pay for the fee free Visa at Staples store?
I am not 100% sure but I believe generally no you cannot buy visa gift cards with staples gift cards
I’m not familiar with this app. Not sure if it would be helpful but I’ll check it out ! Ty