It seems that the new normal over at Southwest is to have a sale every week or so. If prices are always this low–does that really count as a sale? Whatever the answer might be, their new sale is good from now until March 2nd. You can read more about the sale here.
- 21-day advance purchase required
- Purchase from February 21 through March 2, 2017, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city
- Domestic travel valid March 14 through June 14, 2017. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid April 18 through May 18, 2017.International travel valid April 18 through May 19, 2017
- Domestic and San Juan, Puerto Rico travel blacked out May 25-26 and 29, 2017
- Domestic travel is valid only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. Travel to Florida and Nevada and from Florida to Nevada is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Florida and Nevada and from Nevada to Florida is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday. International travel is valid Monday – Thursday. Travel to Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Cancun, Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel to/from Mexico City; Liberia, Costa Rica and San Jose, Costa Rica is valid daily
- Fares valid only on nonstop service
- See all terms and conditions here
Like before, the lowest fares ($39) are on Long Beach-Las Vegas and Oakland-Reno/Tahoe. Snooze, but if you’re traveling on one of these route pairs, it could be a great opportunity to save some cash. It looks like there are 22 routes under $55, which isn’t a terrible price, especially when you’re getting two bags for free.
Deals at Southwest’s largest hubs
There are lots of deals available at Baltimore/Washington and Chicago/Midway–two of Southwest’s largest hubs.
The other thing to do (as Dan has pointed out before) with these Southwest fare sales is to check your existing bookings. Because of Southwest’s amazing cancellation policy, there is no penalty for changing your flight if the price goes down.
(SEE ALSO: Southwest just PAID me to take the same flight!)
Were you able to book (or re-book!) any Southwest flights with this fare sale? Let us know in the comments!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them