Delta has a Skymiles award sales to Mexico, Caribbean and Latin America starting at just 12,000 Skymiles roundtrip. But you must book by July 11, 2018. Details can be found here. Sample routes are listed below.
Terms of the award sale:
- Must book directly on delta.com no later than July 11, 2018.
- 21 days advanced purchase and a Saturday night stay is required.
- Travel may begin on or after September 7, 2018 and all travel must be completed by October 15, 2018.
- Promotional pricing currently not available on the following dates:
Between Quito, Ecuador (UIO) and Atlanta, GA (ATL): September 7 – 14, 2018
Between Atlanta, GA (ATL) and Cancun, Mexico (CUN): October 3 – 6, 2018
Between Los Angeles, CA (LAX) and Los Cabos, Mexico (SJD): October 3 – 6, 2018
- Tickets are nonrefundable except in accordance with Delta’s cancellation policy.
- Fees may apply for downgrades/reissues and itinerary changes
Checking out availability
I decided to look up availability for a family of four from Los Angelas to Cancun using Delta’s low fare calendar. It came up for 12,000 miles roundtrip and availability is decent.
While it cost 50,000 Skymiles roundtrip between Atlanta and Bogota, it cost just 36,000 miles between Los Angelas and Bogota!
Will you be taking advantage of this sale?