Flying Blue, the loyalty program of Air France and KLM, offers a number of promotional awards on the first day of each month. The typical discount is around 20-25%, but they can be as deep as 50%. Promo Awards are mostly for economy flights, but a few awards in business class are usually available.
Flying Blue July 2018 Promo Awards
Flying Blue July 2018 Promo Awards are bookable online, valid for bookings made between July 1 and July 30, 2018, and travel between August 31, 2018 and October 30, 2018.This month’s promo awards will get you 50% off coach awards between Europe and Houston (IAH) or Washington DC (IAD).
This means, you can fly to Europe for as low as 12,500 miles each way, or 25,000 miles round-trip per person, instead of the normal 50,000 miles. I found Houston to Amsterdam on KLM for 12,250 miles plus $67.94 for taxes and fees.
It gets even lower, as I found below – Washington D.C. to Brussels connecting through Amsterdam is just 12,000 miles plus $81.46 for taxes and fees.
Some destinations are higher, for example, Washington D.C. to Paris is 13,750 miles plus $67.94.
Here are the terms of the Promo Awards:
- Available for one-way and roundtrip tickets
- Valid for reservations made on airfrance.com and klm.com, not via call centres or ticket offices
- Travel dates may vary depending on the destination, and restrictions may apply
- Tickets can’t be modified, cancelled or refunded
- Stopovers are not allowed on Promo rewards
- Subject to availability, applicable taxes, fees and carrier-imposed international surcharges
Getting Flying Blue miles is easy, as it is transfer partners with all four flexible points program: Amex Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Citi ThankYou, and Starwood Preferred Guest. Remember, You can hold your award ticket prior to transferring points by calling the Flying Blue call center.