Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
It’s been a month of route announcements for the low-cost triumvirate here in the US:
- Allegiant opens 17 new routes; adds new destination
- Spirit lands in Hartford, fares as low as $55
- Spirit adds 10 routes, grows in enemy territory
Not to be excluded, the final member of this gang of three, Frontier, is adding ten new routes, most of which are out of Ohio (wave to Dan when you fly over!).
- Washington, D.C. (IAD), 4 times a week
- San Diego, CA (SAN), 3 times a week
- Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN (MSP), 4 weekly
- New York-LaGuardia, NY (LGA), daily
- San Diego, CA (SAN), 3 weekly
- Charlotte, NC (CLT), 4 weekly
- Houston, TX (IAH), 4 weekly
- Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN (MSP), 3 weekly
- San Diego, CA (SAN), 4 weekly
From San Antonio:
- Chicago, IL (ORD), 3 weekly
Low Introductory Rates
Fares can be had for as low as $29, and if Dan wants to come back to NYC, he can do so for only $49!
What to know
Remember, Frontier charges for bags and seats, which can really increase the price of your ticket. Even still, with those low fares, these tickets plus extras may still be cheaper than the competition.
(READ MORE: The huge problem flying Frontier)
Also keep in mind that many of these new flights are sub-daily, which can present a problem when irregular operations hit. You can never plan for something like that, but it’s a good piece of knowledge to tuck away.
It’s always great when airlines add, rather than take away, routes. Let us know if you’ll be using these new routes out of your hometown.
Header image courtesy of Ron Vandulek.
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them