Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
It is time for the the next Frequent Traveler University, which is coming up in Washington on the weekend of March 7-8, 2020 at the Washington Convention Center. This is connected to the Marriott Marquis Washington
FTU bills itself as a way to learn the insider tips, tricks and secrets to using frequent flyer miles, hotel points and credit card rewards in a small group environment. FTU Signature combines high-quality topics and indispensable social networking with like-minded travelers to create an unforgettable attendee experience. This time FTU is combining with the Travel & Adventure Show in Washington, DC for a new format.
FTU Washington 2020
FTU Signature is what I think of as more of the “traditional” FTU – this is the whole weekend and your ticket includes
- A full day of educational sessions, including manufactured spend on Sunday, March 8, 2020.
- Free access to the Travel & Adventure Show and FTU stage on both Saturday, March 7 (10:00am – 5:00pm) and Sunday, March 8 (11:00am – 4:00pm.)
- Pizza dinner on Saturday night for the first 75 people to sign up. (Requires separate RSVP, please watch for an email closer to the event.) Dinner includes assorted pizza and soft drinks.
- Coffee/tea in the morning and lunch on Sunday.
Here’s a list of the topics
- Tiffany Funk, One Mile at a Time
- Greg Davis-Kean & Nick Reyes, Frequent Miler
- Matthew Klint, Live and Let’s Fly
- Stefan Krasowski, Rapid Travel Chai
- Dia Adams, The Deal Mommy
- Trevor Mountcastle, Tagging Miles
- Mike Graziano, Keep Travel Hacking Great
- Tess Zhao, Delicate Revolt
- Rob Pegoraro, Tech Writer
- Bethany Walsh, Bougie Miles
You can read the full session lineup at the FTU Washington website. There are sessions on travel, manufactured spending, as well as a roundtable discussion on the future of miles and points.
Tickets are $99 through December 31st; then $129
FTU Washington 2020 promo code
There isn’t a FTU Washington 2020 promo code at this time, though if you sign up before December 31st you’ll get $30 off. Even the full price of $129 is about half of what previous FTUs have cost ($249)
You’ll also get a “free” Pizza dinner Saturday night, March 7th (attendees will get a RSVP email prior to the event, limited to first 75 participants to register, includes pizza and soft drinks.). I put “free” in quotation marks because technically it’s “free” with your $99 or $129 purchase :-). Perhaps “included” would be a better way to put it? 🙂
Should you go to FTU Washington 2020?
I’ve had fun at conferences like this. For many of us, we are the only “miles and points” people in our area, so it can be fun to spend time with other people who “get it”.
Disclosure – I receive a commission if you buy tickets through my link.
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them