Following the Florida sale to Germany from earlier this week, American Airlines and her Oneworld partners have now expanded deals to Frankfurt and Munich to other major US cities. Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, and New York now all have round trip flights for less than $400. This time only San Francisco has these prices for Oktoberfest. The rest of the cities are available starting in late October, but prices from all cities are good through next March; Christmas and New Years are blacked out, but Thanksgiving, Veterans’ Day, Presidents Day are all available. Deal prices are widely available for almost every day of the week, including weekends. Departure cities include:
- San Francisco to Munich or Frankfurt from $330 (includes mid-August and Oktoberfest)
- Chicago to Munich from $307, and Frankfurt from $321
- New York (JFK) to Munich from $307, and Frankfurt from $322
- Los Angeles from $343, and Frankfurt from $361
These are basic economy prices on American, British Air, Finnair and more. That includes carry-on and meals, but not seat selection or checked bags. Main cabin fares are $140 more, meaning round trips are still below $500 in many cases; that’s an excellent price, especially for Munich Oktoberfest from the West Coast.
Searching for these can be slightly tricky. The deal is widely visible on Google Flights, however many times these price $25 higher once flights are selected. I recommend searching on Google and then booking through Orbitz if prices are different.
- Departure: San Francisco
- Stops: Dallas
- Arrival: Munich
How to Book
- Follow link for sample dates or search your favorite OTA / Google Flights for departure and destination
- San Francisco: mid-August 2019 through March 2020; all others late October 2019 – March, 2020Travel Window
- 6-day stay required
Where to Stay in Frankfurt and Munich
- Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City – Hauptbahnhof
- Frankfurt Marriott Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Munich City Center West
- Courtyard Marriott Munich City Center
Things to Do in Munich and Frankfurt
- BMW Museum
- English Garden
- Schloss Nymphenburg Museum
- Frankfurt Romer City Hall
- Frankfurt Christmas Market
- Cathedral of St. Bartholomew in Frankfurt
Good luck and happy flying!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
User Generated Content Disclosure: Points With a Crew encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.