I received an email from Hertz with the subject “As a Thank You: Dan, You’re Eligible to Earn Free Days”. In there, it gives a bonus of up to 1100 Hertz points after just ONE rental. 550 points is enough for a free weekend day so 1100 points would get you 2 of those
I looked around to try and find a landing page, but it appears to be targeted. If others click the link
The terms and conditions state:
- Upon successful registration, select members are eligible to earn a one-time bonus of 550 Hertz Gold Plus Rewards points with the first qualifying rental picked up at a point-participating airport location in the U.S. or Canada
- If that rental is picked up at a non-airport location, an additional 550 points will be awarded for a maximum bonus of 1,100 points.
- Rental must be completed by 6/30/18
- Members must select to receive Hertz Gold Plus Rewards points on the reservation to qualify.
- The qualifying rental must be a minimum of one full-day, paid rental.
- Only a rental picked up after successful registration will qualify for this bonus through 6/30/18.
- Points will not be awarded on rentals accruing other frequent travel program points.
- It may take up to four weeks from the end of the promotion period before bonus points will be added to the member’s account
It’s a bummer that this promo appears to be targeted but still, it’s something worth checking your email to see if you were targeted. This very well might be worth doing whatever the rental car equivalent is of “mattress running” (roadtrip running maybe?)
Did you get targeted? Are you going to take advantage of the offer?