A week or so ago, we wrote about the easy $50 (or more) that you could get from opening up an account with SoFi money.
That deal is still going on, and if you haven’t signed up with SoFi to get your $50, what are you waiting for?!? It takes about 3 minutes and is just about the most painless $50 I’ve ever gotten. But I wanted to write about another deal that is going on with SoFi’s investment arm SoFi invest where you can get an extra $100
$100 for signing up with SoFi invest
Here’s how you can get your $100 from SoFi invest
- Sign up for SoFi invest. I believe the $100 extra offer is only available through referral links. Here is ours – thanks in advance if you use it.
- Once you click through, you can use your same login from SoFi money. If you don’t have a SoFi money account, why have you not signed up for your $50!
- Pick your stock for your free $100 – there were lots of options to choose from, including index funds.
- You’ll need to fund your SoFi invest account with at least $1000. You can fund that from your SoFi Money account or connect your bank account
- Funding usually takes a few days
You’ll get your $100 after the account is funded. Then if you have a spouse, partner or trusted friend, you can also refer them to get an additional referral bonus. Just remember that the same person can’t refer you to both SoFi Money and SoFi invest. So if you referred your spouse to SoFi money, you’ll want to have him or her refer you to SoFi invest. And you will need to use a referral link to refer the first person to SoFi invest so why not use mine 😀
$50 from SoFi Money
Getting your $50 signup bonus is only currently available through referral links and is super easy. Signing up takes about 2-3 minutes and involves filling out your personal information and linking a bank account for an ACH transfer. You have to put in $100 and in my case, the $50 bonus posted the next day.
This truly is a no-brainer IMO.
Then, if you’re playing in 2 player mode or have another trusted person, you can refer them – that’s where the $200 comes in.
- Use my SoFi referral link (or anyone else’s, if you … sniff… don’t love me ) to open an account – you’ll get $50
- Then you refer your spouse or other trusted friend – they get $50 and you get $50 for the referral (EDIT: originally the referral bonus was $100 but now it’s $50)
- Total of $150 to the good, and then you can keep chaining referrals if you want
What do you think of SoFi money? Leave your thoughts on the service in the comments
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them