Disney World is a classic vacation destination for kids, families, and everyone in between. When people first start in the miles and points world, my first recommendation is to figure out WHERE you want to go first and only THEN sign up for the cards that can help get you there. In what should come as no surprise to anyone, one of the places I most often hear from people is Disney World (or Disneyland). And my initial response is that hacking Disney World is a bit harder than other vacation spots.
- You can absolutely use miles and points for your plane tickets to Disney – that’s the easy part
- Using miles and points for Disney hotels is possible, but often not advantageous. There are only 2 miles and points hotels on Disney property. The Swan and Dolphin which are both SPG hotels, but come with pretty high resort fees which make either off-property or paying cash prices more of an option
- Disney tickets are just… expensive, and there’s no real way to offset the cost. You can use Barclay Arrival points or other cashback bonuses to offset the cost but in my mind that doesn’t make it “free” (your mileage / opinion may vary)
Additionally, I’ve written a guide to 5 top Disney World tips for the budget traveler that talks about ways to save money while you’re actually at Disney
Hacking Disney World guide
There are lots of Disney World guides out there, but my friend and fellow travel blogger Dia Adams just released a copy of her ultimate Hacking Disney World guide – Disney World Hacks: Proven Tips To Save On Your Disney Vacation
Dia is one of my two go-to Disney experts (along with Leslie from Trips with Tykes) and really knows her stuff. Here is a sampling of some of the questions that you’ll get answered in this hacking Disney World guide
- What are the 12 Disney World Resorts you should avoid?
- What 6 restaurants- that don’t need reservations- should be on your short list?
- What 4 questions should you ask before you go?
- What 3 Disney World resort hacks will save you thousands?
- Where are the 2 secret Disney World outlets?
- What Disney World meal comes with free childcare?
If you’re planning on going to Disney World and you WEREN’T asking these questions, then that’s even MORE of a reason you need this book 🙂
Where to get your copy of Disney World Hacks
You can get your copy of Hacking Disney World in one of 2 places
- Directly from DisneyWorldHacks.com – regular price $12.95 but you can save $1 with coupon code CREW
- On Amazon as an e-book – no promo code but you can get 3x JetBlue points and/or use Amazon GC or other credit.
I could see either way being better depending on your individual circumstances, so I give you both options. I do receive a (small) commission either way
What are your best hacking Disney World tips? Leave them in the comments
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them