At Points With A Crew, we like free. If it’s free, we’re on it. Today, we’re letting you know that if you already have elite status with another US airline, Southwest will match you to their A-List Member program. What do you get for being an A-List Member? Take a look:
How to qualify
First, access the promotion here.
In order to qualify for this status match, you’ll need:
- Sign up for Rapid Rewards if you haven’t already
- Email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- First name
- Last name
- Rapid Rewards® number
- Screenshot of current elite status with a U.S. based carrier, other than Southwest Airlines
- Extend your promotional A-List Status
- Provided you qualify for this promotion, promotional A-List status can be extended for an additional 12 months by simply flying three round trip qualifying flights, or six one-way qualifying flights, booked and flown within 90 days of your enrollment date.
The fine print
- To be eligible to receive complimentary promotional A-List status, the Member must (a) be an elite status member on another domestic airline; (b) submit proof of his or her other current airline elite card or statement, name, and Rapid Rewards® account number and all of the foregoing must be verified by Southwest Airlines®. Qualification and promotional A-List status confirmation must be completed prior to booking of travel to receive A-List benefits. Promotional A-List status confirmation typically takes place within 12 business days of registration and verification process. Current A-List Members whose status is expiring are not eligible for the promotion. If you qualify for promotional A-List status, during the promotional period, you will not receive an A-List card, but you will receive all A-List status benefits on all flights booked after qualifying for this A-List corporate status match promotion, when you provide your Rapid Rewards account number when making your reservation.
- To extend promotional A-List status for 12 months, after qualifying for this A-List status match promotion, Member must book and complete three qualifying round trip flights (or six one-way qualifying flights) from your qualifying flights booked and flown between Member’s enrollment date for this promotion and the end of Member’s 90-day promotional period. Valid on new reservations booked within the promotional time period only. A qualifying one-way flight for A-List status is a one-way revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections on Southwest Airlines. A qualifying round trip flight for A-List status is a revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city and back to the originating airport or carrier-recognized co-terminal. Purchased points will not qualify for this A-List status match promotion.
If you’ve already got status with another airline, it doesn’t hurt to sign up for this promotion, as you never know when you might need to fly Southwest in the next 90 days. As we don’t know how long this promotion will last, I’d say register sooner, rather than later!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them