Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
They say bad things come in threes, right? Well, what about good things? The Capital One Venture card offer has been increased to a great 75,000 bonus miles! This makes three fantastic offers from Capital One, on the heels of their decision to offer transfer partners for their Capital One miles program!
- 200,000 miles welcome offer on the Capital One Spark Miles card – you can read our full review here
- $2000 welcome offer on the Capital One Spark Cash card – you can read our full review here
- and now an increased welcome offer on the Capital One Venture card!
The Capital One Venture Card
The Venture card from Capital One is something of their flagship card. It gets a lot of hype, and is certainly one of their best travel cards. For the time being, Capital One has a great offer on the Venture card:
- 75,000 Bonus Miles after a $5,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of card ownership.
- The card normally has a $95 annual fee, but that’s waived the first year.
- Double miles on every purchase, unlimited.
- AND 10x miles on Hotels.com purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Global Entry of TSA PreCheck credit.
The Venture card in itself is a competitive option, especially for anyone that needs a Global Entry credit, likes flexible currencies, or spends a lot at Hotels.com. With Hotels.com’s free night benefit after 10 nights booked, it’s a pretty competitive program for those that don’t need or can’t ear loyalty benefits with any of the major chain hotels. All of those benefits for no annual fee the first year, and only $95 thereafter. The 75,000 miles welcome offer is essentially a $750 rebate on your travel expenses, and definitely makes the card worth considering!
If you’re interested in the card, find it here! (not an affiliate link; I do not receive compensation if you apply through this link)
What are Those Miles Worth?
Before this month, Capital One Miles were simple. Each miles was worth 1 cent. You could cash them in for retailer gift cards (like Best Buy or Amazon), or you could use them to “erase” travel charges on the card. $300 hotel charge? Poof! Gone with 30,000 Venture miles.
Now, Capital One also gives you the option to transfer your miles to 12 airline partners:
- Air Canada Aeroplan
- Air France/KLM
- Cathay Pacific
For each program, your miles will transfer at a rate of 2:1.5, so your 75,000 mile welcome offer becomes 56,250 miles in your choice of the programs listed above. Pretty good offer, huh?
WAIT! Before you apply, know these three things about Capital One:
- Capital One likes to pull all three bureaus.
- They can be really stingy with approvals.
- If you get denied, you’re looking at a mail-in reconsideration route (yes, snail mail!). Once they receive your letter, chances are they’ll pull all three credit bureaus AGAIN.
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them