Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
I got a report this week that Hyatt has announced a partnership with Small Luxury Hotels, a small grouping of about 50 hotels throughout the world, including
- Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, whose spa has a reputation as one of the finest in the UK
- Byblos Art Hotel Villa Amista, a superb 16th century villa at the gates of Verona
- Pangkor Laut Resort, an exclusive haven nestled on a private island in Malaysia
- San Antonio, a romantic boutique hotel on the Caldera plateau in Santorini offering outstanding sea views
- DUKES LONDON, a quintessentially English retreat famed for its DUKES Bar.
Looking at the complete list of Small Luxury Hotels, they are almost all boutique and unique hotels in Europe.
The partnership was announced today and you can book now for stays starting at December 6th.
- Earn 5 Base Points per $1 USD spent on eligible room revenue
- Members receive their standard tier Bonus Points on eligible room revenue spend (10% Discoverist, 20% Explorist, 30% Globalist)
- Qualifying nights at SLH hotels do count toward earning World of Hyatt elite-tier status
- You can redeem for free night awards on SLH hotel reservations
- Each SLH property has been categorized into Hyatt’s existing hotel award chart, which includes a new Category 8 at 40,000 points
A new Hyatt Category 8
As part of this partnership, Hyatt has updated their award chart to add a new top-tier Category 8, where redemptions cost 40,000 points (compare to 30,000 points for the current top-tier of Category 7)
As it stands, there are no Hyatt branded hotels in this Category 8, but I wonder how long that will last….
I don’t know that I will plan on staying in any of these super fancy hotels (I’m more of a budget guy myself), but I could see some value here for some people and situations
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them