Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
The Southwest “Wanna Get Away” sale has just one more day to go.
Fares as low as $59 one way are available now through Sunday, September 27. Many airlines have added flexibility to their cancellation policies over the past year. However, this has always been the case with Southwest. A big benefit of booking with Rapid Rewards points is that flights are always cancellable as well.
Deals for this sale are available through the Southwest website. All you need to do is click “Book Now” and find fares as low as $59 each way. Given the flexibility that Southwest offers from a cancellation perspective, it doesn’t hurt to book a trip to lock in the low prices. If your plans change, Southwest makes it easy to cancel or adjust your travel plans.
If you don’t have Southwest points and book a flight using cash, you can still bank a travel credit for a future trip. Remember that anytime Southwest hosts a sale, make sure you check existing flights you have already purchased. Southwest has no change fees, and if the sale price is lower, you will receive a credit for the difference usable for future Southwest fares. Also remember that any fare sold in the U.S. must have free cancellation within 24 hours.
This sale ends September 27 at 11:59 PM Central Time.
Traveling on Southwest
Southwest stepped up its COVID-19 response last year and has continued many of the protocols. The process was branded as the “Southwest Promise” and currently includes enhanced cleaning, electrostatic disinfectant spray, HEPA air filters and mandatory face coverings for passengers and employees and enhanced social distancing protocols. While Southwest and many other airlines blocked the middle seats during the last year, the middle seats on all Southwest flights are now back open. For more details, visit the dedicated landing page here.
What About Travel Restrictions?
Southwest offers the most up-to-date information on travel requirements or restrictions at destinations that they service. This includes information related to ongoing COVID-19 testing requirements, places with entry requirements and destinations that are experiencing travel disruptions. The link to this information is available here.
How to Book
- Visit the Southwest website to search for sample dates and destinations. This sale does have some black-out dates, so check the valid travel dates below.
- Purchase by September 27, 2021, 11:59 PM Central Time.
- Points bookings do not include government fees from $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Travel dates range from October 4, 2021 through December 15, 2021.
- Hawaii and interisland Hawaii travel is valid October 4, 2021 through December 15, 2021.
- San Juan, Puerto Rico travel is valid October 4 through December 9, 2021.
- International travel is valid August 24 through December 15, 2021.
- To verify specifics for available destinations, check out the terms and conditions here. Be sure to read all other terms and conditions before you book.
Where you able to find a flight to book? Did you get a refund on a previously purchased Southwest flight? Let us know in the comments below!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them