Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
It’s hard to keep up with all the fare sales we’ve seen this week–jetBlue, Virgin America, and WOW just to name three! United is also having a fare sales, but act fact, as today is the last day to take advantage of these prices! You can find the sale’s landing page here.
- Tickets must be purchased at least 21 days prior to departure, but no later than February 16, 2017. Roundtrip purchase may be required
- Travel may not begin until March 7, 2017, and must be completed by June 14, 2017
- Fares shown are valid for travel on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday. Fares are valid in the Economy (Coach) cabin on United/United Express carriers and certain codeshare operated flights only. Some flights may be operated by the following airlines, doing business as United Express: CommutAir, ExpressJet Airlines, GoJet Airlines, Mesa Air, Republic Airlines, Shuttle America, SkyWest Airlines or Trans States Airlines; or pursuant to a codeshare agreement: Silver Airways
- A Saturday-night minimum stay may be required
- Travel is not valid on May 25, 26 and 29, 2017
- Fares, fees, rules and offers are subject to change without notice. Seats are capacity-controlled and may not be available on all flights or days. Fares are nonrefundable except during the first 24 hours after purchase. Other restrictions may apply
As usual, there is one route available for $59: San Francisco (SFO) – Santa Ana (SNA). Remember, this is each way, not roundtrip, so effectively this would cost $118. Other cheap seats that caught my eye:
- SFO-PDX, $63 each way
- SFO-SAN, $65 each way
- EWR-IND, $72 each way
- DEN-PHX, $73 each way
- ORD-IAH, $73 each way
United v. Southwest in Newark?
The fare sales out of Newark were limited, as there were only four routes on sale: Indianapolis, Kansas City, St. Louis, and Nashville:
This got me thinking–those sound like routes United would be competing with Southwest on, and sure enough:
Would you look at that! Same price! Clearly we know who United is targeting today…
If United is your jam, this could present a great opportunity to save some cash. Remember, as United has a fixed award chart, using Mileage Plus miles may not represent a better deal than spending cash.
Let us know if you’re able to grab a cheap fare!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them